Take the tip, you’ll enjoy it
So, in my last post I gave you a few rules that in my uninformed and misguided opinion, could help the men of the world keep the ladies in their lives a little happier every day. In that blog I also promised you I would follow up with another list compiled by my inestimable partner Keiko Kobayashi.
This is slightly Inception-esq, please stay with me, but as I was coming up with that list, Keiko also developed one of her own. Her list was not focused on what a woman wants, but rather of what, in her opinion, a man should aim for to keep her happy in the relationship. Does that make sense?
By way of a back story, let me tell you a little more about the wonderful lady in my life. Keiko is a doctor, an athlete, and just for shits and giggles, she’s also an executive and a business coach. In short, Keiko is wicked hot, super smart, funny as hell, and she clearly has terrible taste in men.
Without further ado, here is Keiko’s list and my views on her well thought out suggestions:
- Be attentive and appreciative. Can’t argue with this one, it seems like pretty much the foundation of any good relationship. At the core of it, to me, it means not forgetting why you are together and why you love each other. In essence: don’t take each other for granted.
- Have no expectations. Ok, this is a very Keiko thing. She will not be told what to do. In any situation. Ever. I sure as shit don’t presume to do as such, and her guiding principle is that no man should ever put a woman in a box, or expect her to fulfil any role she does not wish to assume. Words to live by.
- Don't be controlling. This point will relate to advice just noted above, for the most part. But it does speak more to those involved in an ongoing relationship. As I stated in my previous post, I really believe it is important to maintain a sense of individuality, even in the closest of relationships.
- Maintain the physical relationship. Sex is important. Yes this is not exactly a newsflash, but it is one of the greatest barometers of the health of any relationship. Some quality banging is always great, but (and I may have to hand in my Bro card here) it is the intimacy it represents that is most important. Oh, and also blow jobs, they could be very important too (Bro card reinstated!).
- Stay sexy. Her words precisely. Her words precisely. A little effort goes a long way. Exercise a bit, take a little care with what you wear, even around the house. Should you really put on that shirt with the holes in it and baggy cargo shorts? Try and always look good for your lady. It’s kind of common sense.
There you have it, from Keiko’s pouty, kissable lips, passed on via my typing skills to your eyes and ears. She is smarter and better at everything in life than I am, and most probably you too. No offence, but she really is one smart and caring individual. So listen up, and take heed. Your life will be better for it.